Clip Cards - Addition

I realized that it is very useful to have an independent learning center in the classroom, with lots of task cards, clip cards! It is handy in encouraging students to learn independently. I am working on my own center. After I made my first clip card set I decided to fill my center with clip cards, because my students LOVE them.



 


Have you ever used clip cards before? It is an awesome tool to keep children quietly occupied. An easy to follow activity, that you make ahead of time so they are ready to go…


Add clothespins, paperclips or buttons depending on your preference or your students fine motor abilities. 

 No matter what material is used to mark the correct answer when matching, fine motor skills are being strengthened.

 When little learners pick up small objects or open and close the clothespins, their fingers are working hard and developing the muscles needed for writing!


The first clip cards I made were addition clip cards for kindergarten and 1st graders:

Addition Clip Cards up to 10 Math Center Differentiated


With this set of addition clip cards my students are practicing and mastering addition fact fluency in a funny way. There is one card for each addition fact with sums to 10.
This is an easy to follow activity.



 The sum is written on the peacock. The kiddos need to find the equation that fits the feathers' coloring and clip it with a clothespin.



There are three levels of cards.
 In the first level the feathers are in order.

Addition Clip Cards - The sum is written on the peacock. The kiddos need to find the equation that fits the feathers' coloring and clip it with a clothespin.


 In the second level the feathers aren't in order. 





In the third level the feathers aren't in order and there are different sums.



 There is a total of 114 cards.
64 level 1 cards
25 level 2 cards
25 level 3 cards
I can easily differentiate for my students by selecting the cards I would like my students to practice.







No comments :

Post a Comment